Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, October 13, 2012

My latest experiment

This morning, I'm in Rome with Rick Steves, via KERA.  We are at the Coliseum and he's not showing any of the rats or cats that I've seen both times I was there.  Guess he's got a good film editor.  Give me Italy anywhere and I am a happy gal.  There's just something about that culture that I adore.  People, art, the food, the way they live--all of it.  I love France, too--I just don't care for some of the French attitude.  Yes, you can find 'tude anywhere--the French just seem to have more of it than others and don't seem to have brakes when it comes to unloading it on others.  Boy, do I love the beauty they create though so maybe I'll cut them some slack.  Any group that lives and eats like they do, can't be all bad.  OK...group hug with France. 

Now, I just took my coffee outside for a brief backyard consultation and I'm thinking my climbing roses need a comb over.   They are growing the opposite direction than I want them to go, so since they are nice and pliable, I think I'll get that soft, stretchy green tie down stuff out and bend them the other direction.  Hmm...how to sell this idea to Fred since I'm really thinking he can do it.  I just give the orders around here--I don't actually do the work.  I'm sure we were all pretty clear on that anyway.  Just sayin'.  :)

Lastly, here is my latest experiment.  I'm seeing if I can grow basil from some of my seeds, so I have have it all winter, and then transplant it outside this spring.  Stay tuned. I've already over watered twice so we'll see how this goes.  The seedlings seem pretty forgiving so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment