Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

An App. for Confession? Really?

Wow.  I just saw on the Internet where the Pope has approved an App. for Confession, for the Roman Catholic Church.  I'm not kidding.  The article said it is not meant to take the place of confession--it's merely to assist Roman Catholic's in living their faith.  With all due respect, I'm not thinking I'd want to launch my list of sins out there in cyberspace for just anybody to be able to retrieve.  I am also not Roman Catholic so if you are, weigh in here and tell me what you think.  Would you ever pay $1.99 for this app. and would you ever use it? 
What if you lost your phone?? 

OK...now I have to be a smarty pants.  What's next?  A Communion App.??--and you lick your phone?  Ugh.  Yeah....I had to go there.  You knew I would.  I'm bad.

2 comments:

  1. Although unfamiliar w/this app, as a Catholic I do have more than a passing interest. I'm not sure I would enroll under my real name b/c I wouldn't want all my errors floating around the web for eternity. I'm sure if I posted my sins on my blog readership would skyrocket. A confessional app would provide Catholics w/an additional channel for receiving this sacrament. And that's just how I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea using another name..it's not like God wouldn't know who it really was so that would work. But what I really want to know is if you think you'd ever really use it?

    ReplyDelete