Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, February 7, 2011

It's Monday all right

Fred and I took Sister to see mom yesterday, before the start of the Super Bowl.  Suffice it to say it was not a pretty picture and while I'll spare you the details, let's just say I came home really blown and sad.  'Nuf said.  Sis, however, had a simply mahvelous time.  At least one of us did.  I called my sister to fill her in and in doing so, blew her circuitry as well.  Sometimes I hate to tell her things for that very reason-- but protecting her doesn't seem to be a better idea either.  Whoever said a "shared burden is a lighter burden" was right --and wrong.  Sharing helps-- but only for a little while.  As my dad would say, "some days it's chicken, some days it's feathers".  Yesterday was just chicken sh**.

Then this morning, I was hurrying to get out the door and was almost sure I had washed my cell phone, along with a load of towels.  I couldn't find it anywhere and I had to be somewhere, so it had to wait until I got home.  Sooo, I got to stew on it....you know how you do...you awfulize for awhile until that gets boring and then start on the "well, is this really the end of the world or will I live despite this?"  I was in total "whatever" mode when I got back home, and unloaded the washer. No cell phone.  Next, I called my cell and heard it ringing somewhere in the back...omg...on my chair, partially covered, where I had put it down, to pick up the laundry.  Yeeeeehawwww!  Suddenly, my day looked a whole lot better knowing I would not be hanging out at the cell phone store all day haggling with AT&T.  Whew.

I just made a Sam's run and they had just gotten a shipment of the most incredible phaleanopsis orchid plants I've ever seen.  They were enormous.  Some were 3-4 stems, each loaded with blooms and buds and the price of $16.88 blew my hair off so, of course, I bought myself one.  I had to.  Guys--note to self: if you need an early Valentine, go get one of these.  They last for 2-3 months and are available in various colors.  Punt the cut flowers--these last longer and are tres' chic.  And cheap.  Gals, no Valentine?  Buy one for yourself!  You deserve it and you can be your own Valentine.  And get yourself some chocolate, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment