Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Hero

Today I almost had to do something I've never done before because someone else has no boundaries.  Here's the long and short of it:  Creepy Guy, mom's old BF, has been calling me and my sister, though mostly me, for the last three weeks almost daily.  He'd left an initial message, which we'd both decided is none of his business, and refused to answer his calls or return them.  Now, you'd think after three weeks, he'd get the message but, nope, not the case at all.  That's how creepy he really is.  I kept thinking he'd be....well...less creepy, but no--not a chance.  Leopards do not change their spots.  My mistake.  Plus, we know he has an agenda--he wants something-- and we already know what it is.  Fagedaboudit, Creepy.  Ain't gonna happen.

  To give you a little background, Creepy Guy is the verbally, physically, and emotionally abusive creep who has been married three times, and beaten up at least two of his ex-wives, though he claims that's not true, though we had hospital records to prove it.  He's never laid a hand on mom (that we know of) and we stepped in to keep her from being wife #4, way back years ago. Swell guy.

OK, back to present.  This morning he called at 8:30AM.  Talk about ruining your first cup of coffee....that did it.  Fred and I had already discussed call blocking him but had decided just to wait him out a little longer, forgetting that at 84, with Macular Degeneration and half blind, and a mean streak the size of the Sahara, he had nothing better to do than robo-call me every day.  I don't think Fred really knew how bad this was bugging me, either, until this morning, when my hair practically burst into flames after Creepy's call.

 Mid-morning, I called Fred and told him that was IT--- I was d-o-n-e-, done.  My plan was to call block Creepy as fast as my fat little fingers could punch numbers, when suddenly, Superman, My Hero says " I'll call him myself and tell him never to call our house again, ever.  Are you OK with that?"  Was I OK with that??  Oh, Lordy, you better believe I was.  I had wanted to do that myself, but knew from past experience NEVER to get on the phone with Creepy--especially if you didn't want to feel slimed afterwards.  So suffice it to say, Fred, is now a.k.a. Super Fred.  Ahhhh, now my world is safe again.  No more calls from Creepy.  Thank you, Super Fred!!

No comments:

Post a Comment