Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Being Right

There is just no more dangerous situation in the world than me being right.  I was talking with friends yesterday and we all concurred that when firmly ensconced in our positions of "Queens of Everything", and "Keepers of Truth and Justice", we can be the biggest asses in the world.  When I get that overwhelming desire to win or to have the last word, I'm going to act like and be someone I would never want to be around.  And it's always because I think my opinion or judgement really matters, and it doesn't.   Sometimes it's just difficult to see the bait in the water, as it's trolled past you, and NOT bite it. (Cue the Jaws music.)

Today I know if I don't like something or agree with it, I don't have to comment (even though I am dying to). I realize that's a no brainer, but putting it into action is a whole different story when someone is really rattling your cage.  I've learned to walk away........with my keys in hand, if necessary.  Or nicely say, "I'm hanging up now".  That momentary rush of adrenaline and feeling of superiority after a verbal smack down just isn't worth it anymore.  I'm not playing.  It's no longer necessary for me to ride the dump truck all the way to the dump, before realizing I'm at the dump.  Again.

Now, that said, I'm no doormat either.  I belong to the "Say what you mean, mean what you say, just don't be mean when you say it" Club.  As one of my favorite people always says, "When you're tired of catching sh**, put down your mitt".

No comments:

Post a Comment