Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sis

 This was yesterday's post I forgot to post.

Today I am in a total quandary as to what to do with Sister.  She is still hang dogging (pardon the pun) around here and still super needsie.  This may be totally normal in the dog grieving process as theirs is similar to humans, but man, oh, man this it getting o-l-d.  She's whiny and sad and whatever I do, other than let her run all over the front yard, is just wrong.  She perked up a little this weekend when Mr. Mertz let her retrieve 2 doves he'd shot.  They had a brief tussle when she refused to drop the second bird and ended up with a mouth full of feathers.  She still thought that was simply mahvelous and stayed out there with him, spitting feathers, until he came in to wash off the breasted doves.  He's Daddy Disneyland in her eyes.

In order to try to get her out of her grief/ depression, I decided a little outing might help, so I let her ride to the Bank this morning, and go through the drive through.   She was elated--she pre-jumped into my arms before I was quite ready to put her in the car, stood on my thighs nearly paralyzing me, and put all of her weight on my left arm, instead of the arm rest.   We took off, window down, ears flying, her sniffer working over time.  As we pulled up to the money machine, she decided she didn't really like it much-- all flashing lights and noises-- and started bucking to get away, and I'm seat-belted in, arm out the window.  And then my phone rings. It was an in car nightmare.

After lunch, I decided to let her try again, so we headed to PetsMart for a new squirrel, Bobo, or other toy.  She did fine on the drive over but the smells in the store put her into nasal overdrive.   Then a toddler saw her and screamed, running towards her, and that did it.  She is terrified of children and went into full blown freak out mode, hauling towards the front door.  Now she's not so much grieving, as traumatized.

No comments:

Post a Comment