Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I got out yesterday simply because I had to...or I was going to start pulling my eyelashes out, one by one.  Bored, much??  I went to Preston Center on two errands and then went to North Park to walk, but jettisoned the idea of a movie.  Sis said I had to take her if I went to a movie and I just wasn't up for that.  I loved being out, though.  It was cold, but brisk and beautiful--very Ansel Adams outside.  Black, white, gray.  Lovely.  And I loved seeing all the people outside with their Labs, throwing balls and playing, dogs coats steaming, almost impervious to the cold.  The dogs, that is.....the owners looked miserable. 

Because I was worried about my fighting, probably frozen, little sparrows, I took yet another freezer burned package of hamburger buns outside, and decorated the driveway.  It was fun ripping up and tossing all that old bread and I could hear the birds all talking about the buffet below, but not a single sparrow showed up.  At least not any I saw.  Usually they come in droves--- and fight like two cats in a bag--- but not yesterday.  They're probably lying on the beach somewhere in Mexico, laughing their beaks off that we're here freezing.  I told you they were mean.
Ahhhh....you needed that picture, didn't you?  I know I did.

Thankfully, we were not among the power outage chosen few yesterday though my sister and Brian were.  Just as I was about to run a load of clothes yesterday, I remembered my stuff was not exactly mission critical and there was simply no reason to suck more power out of an already drained system, with some people totally without heat.  Who said blonde's aren't smart?  Soooo, I flipped on the tube instead.  And, played on the computer.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment