Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, February 4, 2011

What Super Bowl?

After my third package of hamburger buns yesterday, I knew I was headed to Tom Thumb anyway so bird seed would be next.  I arrived, chatting with a friend on my phone, asking what I needed for one of her recipes--couldn't remember everything.  As we were chatting along, I felt something...sort of like a touch on my back, but didn't see anyone when I turned around.  Then, I looked down.  Oh, yeah, baby...it was the cutest little boy in the world, with a ginormous smile on his face, and cowboy boots on his feet, chewing bubble gum.  Yep.  Hudson.  I got off the phone, we hugged and I kissed all over him, and we laughed our heads off.  His mom was shortly behind us, with Hadley pushing one of those little kid's mini grocery carts.  Off he and I went to get cheese for my recipe, and a big sack of bird food for my sparrows.  He's a wonderful cheese chooser and just fun, no matter how you slice it.  I need to call him this morning to report on our bird feeding.  We've had quite a response from hungry birds and Sis.  Yep.  I caught her eating bird food in the backyard that I'd thrown on top of the ice yesterday.  She'll eat anything.

Now on to the top disappointment of the week.  Good Morning America chose the third place voting finisher, Liz, instead of Cooper Boone, who finished in first place.  They never said it would all be based on the voting--I get that--but a third place finisher??  Yeow.  Guess I'll be sticking with The Today Show and I sent them an appropriate nastygram to that effect.  Go figure.  And the point of voting was whaaaat?

I blogged earlier last month about people spending $200 to stand outside the stadium, for the Super Bowl.  Don't you know people who did that are having a large cow right now??  Not to mention the people who bought those major expensive tickets, who can't even get here, due to the snow?  And all the private jets flying in, that can't land??  And all the parties that have been paid for that no one can attend.  Not to mention all the lost revenue for Dallas.  Everyone on TV is trying to keep a stiff upper lip but wowser....the NFL and Big Jer must be wearing Depends about now.  The good news??  We all get to stay home and do all those little honey-do's or just chill, until this stuff melts.  I'm so grateful my heat is on, my refrigerator is full, and my birds are fed.  The rest is just gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment