Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Mouse Report

It's soooo not good.  It's not good at all.  According to the exterminator, there are "mice all over everywhere" at the big house at the Farm.  He's coming back out again the first of next week to put out more traps, and traps around the exterior of the house (the poison kind that makes them die, die, die), since we need to reverse the flow from inside the house, to outside.  Oh, this does my little mouse hatin' heart such good to know it wasn't just bad--it was w-a-y bad---especially when Fred was poo-pooing me last week. The bad news is, one of this blogs very own followers is reportedly headed up there this weekend, so Hallie, beware.  I left you a cell message in case you wanted to abort the mission and stay home.  The little house is just as bad, too, so caveat emptor.  Eeeewwwww. Groady.

Now, I realize this would be a prime hunting opportunity for Sis and would most likely kill her.  All those running, squeaky little mice would frustrate the ever loving hell out of her, and if she caught and ate them, then I would have to kill her, because that alone would be grosser, than just having mice.  I'm not havin' a mouse chasin', mouse eatin', dog. Plus, if they'd already eaten any of the poison, and she ate them, well, there goes Sis.  No thanks.  She can just hunt here at home.

I do need to tell you about the most fabulous souffle' (pronounced doo-flay around our house from when the boys were little.)  I had the mushroom with truffle oil souffle' at Rise Thursday nite, on the recommendation of our waitress, and it was outrageously wonderful.  I'm a huge truffle fan--even if it's just truffle oil--and this did not disappoint.  The artichoke appetizer was also deeeelish and because I'd already had the flourless chocolate cake before, I had to have it again.  It's the richest, deepest, darkest chocolate that oozes out more warm chocolate, when you cut into it, and is served with ice cream.  Bruce had the lightest, fluffiest, strawberry souffle', with a strawberry sauce that nearly put him into a coma.  It literally melted in your mouth and at one point when I looked up, he'd already polished off the whole thing.  If you haven't been to Rise, go.
It's nothing super fancy--just food that is sublime.  And be sure and check out the bathrooms.  The trough like sinks are my most favorite thing.  Very country french and so fun.  I want one!!


No comments:

Post a Comment