Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wake up, Mr. Sheen

Day 2 of the sleet and ice crisis and you'd think it was the only topic in town because it sure as heck is, on local TV.  That, and the Super Bowl.  Errrgh.  Not particularly interested in either and when they preempted the Big O's show yesterday, to talk about the weather some more, that was just WRONG.  I am tempted to get out today simply because I am going totally stirrrrrr crazy and I know I'm not alone there either.  The only thing that's cooling my jets is the reminder of what happened this time last year, when I hit a patch of ice.  My car was in the shop for weeks and I drove at least four different rent cars during that time.  I still think I could s-l-i-d-e to North Park and exercise walk inside, if nothing else.  And maybe sneak in a movie.  I think it's only right, don't you?

OK.  Enough of this weather stuff and let's get on to something really important:  Charlie Sheen's home Rehab.  C'mon.  Are you kidding me?  Rehab at home?  NOT.  That's not even Rehab Lite.  That's just total BS.  Way too comfy, familiar, and waaaaay too easy.  Don't want to do something?  Rehab at home says you don't have to.  And Group therapy??  Hello, there is no group.  Just you, Charlie, and I'm not thinking you're going to learn much from yourself right now.  The sad part is, you can't make someone want recovery and Charlie clearly doesn't.  He's a really sick guy and I am honestly sorry about that.  Until he really does want to get better, he's going to keep doin' what he's doin', and it will most likely kill him.  The saddest part is, he doesn't think so.  Addiction sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment