Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Maple Walnut Heaven

I might as well face it.  Sis lives for the weekends and Fred.  I'm OK but he's just flat dog heaven.  They already have shot and breasted one dove so far this morning, before 10AM, and she's running all over the front yard like the true hound she really is.  I must have been insane to think I could compete with that.  So much for me and my car rides and trips to the Bank and PetsMart.  She wants HIM.  Period.  OK, fine.  I get it.  Soooo much for turning her to the dark side.  She already has been and it's just not my dark side.  It's Fred's.  They are in the kitchen now, talking, as he bags up the dove for the freezer. 

My sis and I had lunch with mom yesterday, and except for being re-introduced to the same people over and over, it was nice.  You know, with Alzheimer's, you don't remember that you've already introduced your two daughters to your friends, and I guess the good news is, your friends probably don't remember either.  Such was lunch, and by the time it was over, my sister and I were both exhausted.  Mom kept holding up her hand to block the glare in her eyes, but wouldn't change places at the table.  I offered to help her switch places but no sale there.  Instead, she wanted me to hold my head in one position and not move, to block the light in her eyes.  Thank God my sister was there so I could just glance at her, for relief and an oh, shit look.  We breezed right on and while they indulged in the Maple Walnut ice cream, I had coffee.  The M-W ice cream is like Meth, so it's better for me just not to go there.  I think it may be BlueBell and it's definitely freak out worthy.  I don't know if it's sold in grocery stores and frankly, I don't wanna know.  Tooooo dangerous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment