Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ooops, I did it again...

It has begun.  The beginning of The End.  I've been considering it for awhile--especially when it's cold--but this morning I finally did it.  I heard Sis whining and got up thinking she wanted to come back to the bedroom.  Nope. Not exactly.
When I popped up, she was standing in the doorway looking all sad and pitiful, sooooooo when she ran over to me, I scooped her up and put her under the covers with me.  And we snuggled.  And spooned.  And when Fred walked out of the bathroom, I told him something really BAD had happened and he ripped off his headphones-- he listens to The Ticket with a religious fervor, every morning.  I peeled back the covers and there she was..... all slick and black and beautiful, and he liketa d-i-e-d.  I always did this with the Wigman--even in his later days-- and paid a tremendous price for it.  It became like dog crack-- on both sides.  I might as well face it.  I'm a dog junkie and I'll get my fix wherever I can find it.  And so will Sis. The smell of warm dog combined with that slick black fur and those soft, soft, ears of hers, was just too much.  All that steely reserve of mine about no dog fur in the bed, flew right out the window. And did I mention it's cold?? 

I am now toast.  She'll probably expect it from now on.  Maybe not.  I might get away with it if I can brainwash her later but the prospects aren't looking good.  She's sitting right behind me in the chair, reading this.  I'm screwed.

1 comment: