Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, February 21, 2011

She's the bestest

There's someone I have never blogged about but I want you to know her the way I do.  This person is like a daughter-in-law to me only she's not married to one of my boys--she's married to one of my sister's.  Technically I guess that makes her my niece but she's lots more than that.  She's my friend, my confidant, and the warmest, funniest, best mother on the planet Earth.  She thinks her kids are every bit as funny as I do and knows I love nothing more than hearing about the latest things they've done--good or bad--especially the bad ones, though.  Those make me howl and remember stuff my kids did (and thank God every day that they are now grown ups, living on their own). 

We also share a lot of the same taste in design.  If she likes it, put money on the fact that I most likely will, too.  And, we like to cook.  And trade recipes....or sometimes just talk about them, if we're too tired to actually cook them.   She's very artistic, unlike me, and paints.  Yep, she does, and you should see her work.  Veddy, veddy nice.  She's super organized and writes thank you notes for everything, even when I tell her not to.  And her stationary is to die for...beautiful colors and fabulous engraving.....and sometimes, just kicky and fun.  Even her kids have their own stationary, with their names on it, and she writes their thank you's for them, since they are still little peanuts. And did I mention kind?  Yep, she's that, too.

She loves clothes and jewelry and has great taste in both, and never cares that I look like something that crawled out from under a bridge in South Dallas, 'cause that's how I usually look when I stop by to play with her monkeys.  She's delightful, and fun, and smart.  And I'm crazy about her.  I love you, Nic.

No comments:

Post a Comment