Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Martha's Month

I am in deep do-do.  I just opened my March Martha Stewart Living magazine to find that the page I made fun of, a ways back, is now all changed, and I am crushed.  Even though I made fun of the stuff Martha supposedly does on any given day, like clean and repair the window screens, empty the compost bins, or air out the linen cupboard replacing worn sheets and blankets, I still secretly loved thinking Martha, or anybody, really does all that stuff.  I know she doesn't, but thought it was a hoot that she thought we'd buy that.  I didn't care about the meetings or TV appearances she always had listed (yawn), but I loved seeing how she only exercised a few times a week--  I was totally on board with that.
  What about when she determined it was time to clean your ceiling fan or air out your rugs?  What is this...Little House on the Prairie?  My rugs have been outside exactly once--on their way inside this house.  They do not vacation or air out.  But I love thinking Martha's might....it all sounds so clean and fresh and orderly.  And probably is--with a entire fleet of staff doing it for her.
This new page(s) is just not working for me.  It's actually now spread over two pages and includes plugs for all of Martha's shows.  There's just not enough of all that homey and organizational stuff I complained about, but secretly loved. 
Well, damn.  Be careful what you gripe about--it just might change.

No comments:

Post a Comment