Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I wanna read!

Today is the kind of day that makes me want to do one of two things:  cook like a crazy woman or grab a good book and not move for the rest of the day.  Unfortunately, neither of those is possible today but I will be reading at some point later today.  I started back in on a book I bought at Heathrow on our way back from the wedding, but had put down due to the holidays.  The title is The Crimson Petal and the White and it's a doozie.  On the cover it said it was a current BBC drama and that was all it took for me.  I was handing over my 9.99 pounds in a hurry.  It's the story of a prostitute named Sugar, and is set in Victorian London.  I'm a third of the way through and it's really getting juicy now.  I figure after lunch I can squeeeeeze in some reading time if I can get the rest of my stuff done this morning.  That's a lie....I'm going to read whether I get my stuff done or not.

For the moment it's stopped raining and I swear the green, new grass grew over night in our yard.  The birds are all chatting up a storm so you know they are happy.  I can see the buds on our trees so Spring just cannot be far away, even though it's not even February.  I noticed yesterday that my daffodils were on the way up, too, which explains why Tom Thumb didn't have any yesterday.  I think I was rushing the season a bit.  Another week or so and they'll have much better pickings for mom, but I'm not waiting.  I'm going to head over to Nicholson-Hardie for a sensory rush of warm, moist, Spring time smells and to pick something for her to enjoy. I hope the kitty that lives there is out and about.  He usually lies up on the counter or on top of the printer, since it's already warm and toasty.  One of these days I'm going to see if I can write a check, resting my checkbook on him.  I bet I can.




No comments:

Post a Comment