Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dog decals??

I was just in here doing some work when I heard Wiggins "The Wigman" whining, again.  Since he wasn't singing his catchy little tune, Yip Yew, I figured he was probably OK, just hungry or lonely or bored or....fill in the blank.  No sooner had I decided that, than the Yip Yew began.  He was right by the gate to our kitchen so I figured I better go check.  Uh, oh....stuck again with his back legs east and west.  So, I decided to see if he could possibly get up by himself and nudged him ever so slightly in the rear.  OMG.....he went into instant "baby turtle" mode with his front legs flippering and his back legs slipping.  He never has trouble on the carpet--just on the slippery hardwoods--- which is exactly where he is due to occasional forgetting to go potty outside.  Once I popped him back up on his feet, he was all full of piss and vinegar.  Seriously.
  How do I leave town and him with a critter sitter who works all day, when he may turn into a baby turtle and be stuck on the floor all day??  And don't say take him to the Vet to board him because WE DON'T DO THAT.  NOOOOOOOO.  The only time he has spent the night at the Vet was when he was neutered, and he still talks about that.
I guess I could have her crate him just during the day--- and maybe let him out at lunch to potty?-- but that's just soooo insulting to an old man dog who is used to doing his thing.....That was the whole reason for the doggie door, too, but maybe that's just what has to happen....I don't know.  Maybe he just needs some non-slip tub decals on his pads.  Anyone with suggestions, let me know.  Honestly.  Just what I need.  More dog drama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment