Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Uh, oh....

Oh, Lordy....somebody's in for a real box of sunshine today.  Someone is getting braces this morning--and thankfully, it's NOT me.  Boy, howdy, do I remember those days and how I wanted to unscrew my head and take it off when Dr. Roark tightened that wire that ran across the front and hooked into each bracket on each tooth.  Talk about medieval torture.....I remember when he'd reach for that special pair of pliers, I knew to grab a'hold of that chair and hang on.  And remember those little clumps of wax they'd give you to put on any place where the brackets were ripping that oh, sooooo delicate skin off the inside of you lip??  And then you invariably swallowed the wax when it came off after biting into a burger.  Oh, yeah....I remember it all tooooooo wellllll.  Grrrrrrross.

I have volunteered to fix old people food for the next few days so a certain someone won't have to chew much.  Too bad I asked him throw away all his good post op drugs once we were done.  I bet he'd love to have them now.  I know I would.

Then he has a re-check with his ENT surgeon this afternoon and I won't even tell you what he told me they did to him last time, or you'll be wiping the coffee off your monitor for the rest of the morning.  Let's just say it was super groady and he couldn't wait to come home and tell me.  Gee....thanks for sharing. 

I think he should spell something out across his top and bottom teeth with colored brackets.  I'm thinking BITE ME might be good.
Well, shucks...he just emailed me that they are now starting him with Invisiligns--the clear removable plastic braces that you take out, to eat.  Drama postponed.  Stay tuned.  And just when this was starting to get fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment