Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Yum...

Man, oh, man.....there is an ugly game of Survivor going on up at the garden.  And since most gardeners have hung it up until it coools down a little, there's not been a lot of watering going on so droopy and crispy is a big theme among all the plots.  My zinnia's are stiff like a bunch of little dead soldiers so I tried to broadcast their seeds around hoping something might come up later.  Random plants we never planted came up in our plot so there's probably no telling if they will or not.  Right now, it looks like the okra and jalapenos are the final contenders.  Wait....that's not exactly true.  There is some other plant still going, but I don't have a clue what it is, and I wasn't gonna dig around to find out. In 103 degree heat, I don't much care. 

What I do care about are my tee tiny baby new potatoes that I got Saturday at the Farmers Market.  They are no bigger than your thumb and are going to make sensational roasted potatoes with olive oil, rosemary, and salt and pepper, for dinner.  Or, I may just boil some, drain them and add to them butter and dill and salt an pepper  Simple.  Yummy.  There are so many that I may save some for another use- like cold baby potato salad.  The big new potatoes are good but the little bitty ones are the best.  And did I mention freshly dug?  Oh, my.....

No comments:

Post a Comment