Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A little of this...a little of that

Well, as usual I am having blog issues.  It seems people (OK...that might really only be 2 whole people) have commented to me they can't seem to leave comments on here anymore and I'm not sure why.  Just another one of those things to add to my ever growing list of stuff I just do not know.  And it's a big list.  I'll have to see what I can find out.
  This I do know :  Since Tiger and Elin are officially & legally kaput, I must say she certainly has set an example for women everywhere of what the high road looks like in a divorce.  Now, was it probably in her best interest financially to keep her lip zipped?  No doubt.  But the fact that she held her head high, did not run off at the mouth, did not play "victim", and made her children the top priority in a ghastly situation is just soooo adult.  Sooo grown up.  Unlike all the trash we see daily of who's done what to whom, Elin never got in any of that.  Heck...she didn't need to because all the tabloids did it for her, but that's another story.  And a big fat, money making one at that.  Shooowee.

I cannot even imagine how humiliated she must still feel and have felt, way back when all this hit the fan.  Ditto Sandra Bullock.  But what smart fabulous women they are and look who got left looking like the scumballs they are:  Tiger and Jesse.  Dumbasses.

I had coffee here yesterday morning with my pal whose husband died back in January.  It was great to sit back, java in hand, and just yak--and to just tell the truth.  The real truth.  She shared some really painful stuff and boo hooed and it was just fine.  The box of Kleenex was handy and other than Wiggles barking his monotone bark in the background, we were 2 Gals Uninterrupted.  Her dad is on hospice (or was for awhile) at 91, so she understood dog dementia immediately.
When she told me she'd finally had to remove the phone out of her dad's room at the group home where he lives, I could just feel a great story coming.  It seems he's so far gone, he'd started calling the Police telling them to come get him--that he was being held hostage.  This is the same man I told you all about way back that got thrown out of almost every old people facility in Dallas for propping the fire door open and leaving, for asking people on the elevator if they were circumcised, and for mistaking his hearing aid for a piece of candy, and eating it.  By the end of our java time, we were rolling, laughing our heads off.  Laughter is good medicine.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Hearing aids as candy! Mom has recently started taking her teeth out and licking them -- lolipop? So far she hasn't done it in public, but then she doesn't get out much. It's gonna happen, though, and probably at church!

    ReplyDelete