Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, August 13, 2010

War of the walker....

Oh, Lordy.....My brother is pushing my sister and I to get mom a walker, as has been the case for awhile.  I think I may have shared that in an earlier post.  I'm not against the idea at all--I am just 100% clear that we can get mom a walker; we just can't make her use it.  Mom has been clear she does not want one and even her doctor has said she's fine with that.  My brother seems to think, in his omniscience, that he is the Great and Powerful Oz and not only can he make it happen, but he that he* knows more than her doctor.  *  See earlier post "Whatever".  This should be hilarious and anyone who'd like to buy a ticket to this show, let me know.  (I plan to score my first million off of ticket sales.)  Mom may actually like one, though she'd never admit it since walkers are for old people and  people who fall down a lot.  And remember...she's neither of those.  My sister wanted to know what I thought and I told her I was fine with her buying mom one if for no other reason than to shut my brother up.  That'll be the best $$ she ever spends.  Oh, and my brother wants her to have the top of the line model so hers will look like all the others at the Plaza.  Gee....maybe we should put a Jaguar emblem on it.

Shoe update:  I took both pairs of mom's shoes back on Wednesday, as mom decided they were "awful"--she let that slip out and I had to laugh.  The good news is she's now decided she wants to go look at shoes, which for someone with dementia, is a big step.  And I'm gonna take her--or die trying.  We will probably go one morning next week, right when the stores open, while she's fresh from a decent night's sleep.  She'll probably only last an hour or so and I'm going to take her to Nordstrom's, since they have the biggest and best selection.  She only wears a size 5 1/2--she used to wear a 4 1/2 or a 5 until she had me--a fun fact she's shared many times and I just roll my eyes every time she feels the need to tell me, one more time.  Man...I was one powerful baby, wasn't I?  I made her feet grow.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment