Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, August 23, 2010

Fred goes plumber

Since admittedly I've been dissing on Fred lately it's time that I brag on him, briefly.  The handle on our fancy faucet set that I got several years back during our kitchen face lift, broke again, for the four thousandth time Friday, and that was just it for me.  Game over.  Back to the fancy schmancy place where I got the first set?  Not on your life.  To Home Depot I went, in the 103 degree heat.

Did I do the Fred required Internet search and due diligence for a good brand, pitfalls to avoid (I think I have those down), etc.?  Hellllll no.  I knew what brands to avoid--the one I'd previously purchased, thank you very much-- but I had looked online earlier to see styles.  Anywho, I got one--a Kohler stainless steel one with a sprayer designed perfectly for all those hard to reach puppy areas, and Fred found it the second he walked in Friday night.  Do I even need to describe the look on his face...he was thrilled. 

So Saturday, major surgery began in the kitchen to remove the old one, and put in the new one.  It looked like quintuple bypass surgery with stuff strung all over the floor--and this was just the stuff he'd taken out from under the sink.  Several cuss words were uttered and then I swung by as "circulating nurse", to see if anything was needed in the "OR".  Apparently Superman had tightened down one of the doo-dads on the old set up, and Fred was having trouble getting it undone.  More cussing.  He finally got it, we broke for lunch with Mary, and a brief Home Depot run for longer tubing(?), and voila', my new faucet is in place and sprayin' like a male cat.  I just love this new one and wish I'd done it sooner.  You go, Fred.

No comments:

Post a Comment