Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, August 20, 2010

Sad City

Whoa.  I have just returned from a trip to Sad City and man, oh, man...it hurts.  I made a date with mom to take her shoe shopping this morning and ready she was.  Never mind the fact that she thought the knee hi hose I'd exchanged for her were still the wrong color--nope--both her old ones and new ones are Travel Buff, as requested.  Watching her try to figure that out was just plain awful.
She wanted to go to Dillard's since "Nordstrom's was awful last time".  Soooo, to Dillard's we went, parked right by the entrance to the shoe department, and one of us started looking.  The other one just wanted another pair of the exact shoes she was wearing, never mind the shoes are a summer shoe, and probably not even made in the last two years.  Nope.  She just couldn't quite wrap her brain around that part--sorta like me and American Airlines but that's a whole other story.  Anyway, we were about to leave and something miraculous happened--a shoe I had previously shown her that she didn't like, somehow got cuter---think miracle here, folks, because it was one.

We finally determined that Mrs. 5.5 size is really now Mrs. 6 and she tried on the two colors they had in her size.  Oooooo la, la...she said they felt great.  Watching her try to figure out which shoe to put where, even with help, was pretty heart wrenching.  And I don't think for a second she may actually wear either pair of these new shoes because ....well....they're n-e-w and when dementia gobbles up your brain, new isn't all that fun anymore--you only want your "familiars".  That said, I am going to go on line after lunch and see if I can find a new pair of her old shoes somewhere, anywhere on the planet Earth and order them for her.  I don't care if it's 30 degrees outside--if she wants to wear those damn shoes and I can find them, she's going to get to-- because they're familiar.

P. S.  And a big fat old Welcome, Baby, to my nephew, Dallas, who is da' baby daddy of the three muchkins I'm always yammering about--Hudson, Hadley, and Avery.  Yay!  Now I have 8 whole followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment