Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Lunch date

Today should be a hoot.  Bruce and I have a lunch date with our elderly neighbor, Mary.  As a thank you to us for taking care of stuff for her, she wants to take us to lunch.  When I told her it was not necessary, she assured me that " at 81, I don't do anything anymore that's unnecessary or something I don't want to do" so at 11:30 AM, off we'll go.  Mary has asked Bruce to drive us and that almost made me LOL.  Little does she know how crazy man Harris drives, but she's about to find out.  Luckily, we aren't going far, so we'll be fine.  Hopefully.
Mary's daughter was just here so it's now been determined Mary is going to be getting a sprinkler system vs the intricate hose, timer, manual whirly sprinkler system she's had since she moved into their house a hundred years ago.  Hallelujah !!  Apparently, daughter Katherine overheard a message I had left for Mary asking if it was OK for us to turn on her whirly sprinkler and move it to a spot that hadn't gotten watered in a while and was really dry.  Hello, sprinkler system. I think Mary is finally ready to admit "yard defeat", as I saw a guy this week over measuring off zones in her yard.  Go, Mary!  Her plan is to get several estimates and then have Katherine and her husband help her decide.  And then she'll ask Bruce.  She always does.

Frankly, it seems a tad late in the game to be putting one in now, given Mary's house will be yet another tear down on our block, ultimately, but I love the idea of her not trying to mess with the other system.  She's one tough old bird and is trying to hang on in a home she's lived in forever but I can see it's getting to be too much for her.  Gee....sounds familiar, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment