Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm ready...

I am w-a-y-ready to get my Fall on and yesterday I visited a favorite store that is my default setting for mindless cruising.  And they were starting to deck out for Fall.  Fall decor, Fall pasta in the shapes of pumpkins and leaves, even their famous gingerbread cookies in Fall tins.  It may be 103 outside but they are getting ready-- and my brain is happy.  I am totally over summer though I do still love the slower pace.  I'm ready for dove season, my guys up at the Farm playing war games with small flying birds, instead of hanging around here bothering me.  Fall is just good. 

I also like the way the light changes in the Fall.  It's no longer that super bright summer wear shades or go blind kind of light.  It's softer and less intense like a filter's been put on it.  And it gets dark earlier.  For some reason, I like that, too.  Maybe it's just that snugly, home safe in your pj's feeling I like.  And don't even get me started on Fall TV or we'll be here for days.  New shows, new episodes of favorite shows, and Oprah's final season.  What in the hell is she gonna do to go out with a big bang, bigger than stuff she's already done?   I'm wondering if this year will even be that good.  Guess I'll have to watch a few and see.

 I'm ready to be able to grill out and then eat outside in the backyard again, too.  We gave that up in June when it just wasn't fun anymore but I'm ready to start again--now.  And my fire pit--I'm ready to load that baby up and getter flamin' on the driveway so we can act all white trash again.  I can do it in the back yard but it's just not near as tacky as doing it on the driveway, and that being tacky part is just my favorite---brings out all that small town in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment