Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, August 30, 2010

Pink Cadillac

As some of you already know, mom took another face plant at breakfast today--her story is she fell trying to hand a friend her napkin that she'd dropped.  I told her to stop being so damn nice and we both laughed.  As a result, I ran to Dougherty's after lunch and she is the proud new owner of a pearly pink walker, with a seat, basket, and brake locks.  I told her if she wanted a cup holder to let me know--or a flashlight or some other contraption they offer, that I can't remember.  Hers folds up easily to go into the car and I know because  I test drove all of it.  Really.  I did.  That's when another lady in the store saw it and wanted to buy the pink one, too, but I'd already bought it.  I figured I'd use that as a selling point to mom.  Exclusivity. 

When I got there to deliver it, every single woman who saw it, wanted it, and the Concierge loved it.  Much to my surprise, mom seemed pretty open to the idea.  She drove it around, I showed her how to work the brakes so she could sit down on the seat, or just stop without rolling, and how it folds up, though the driver will do that for her.  How much of this actually went in, and will stay in her memory, we'll just have to see but "practice makes perfect" and "repetition strengthens and confirms".  I sound like a nun.

When I left, she was standing by it and I just had a funny feeling she was going to "play" with it, once I left.  My sister almost lost it when I called her to tell her the store had a pink one.  I needed someone elses input as to whether pink would be fun-- or just embarrassing-- to mom.  I thought it was loads cooler than the navy blue, or the burgundy in the catalog, but then that's me.    The clencher, though, was when mom asked me to write her name on it.  I told her I would, but that she had the only pink caddy there.  I think she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment