Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ouch...

Feet.  Can we talk?  I never thought much about them until mine started to hurt.  I remember thinking all those old people whose feet hurt should just go buy a pair of Hush Puppies and shudddddup.  Bad news.  I am now one of those old people and I don't want a pair of Hush Puppies.  I want a pair of ankle booties with a heal lower than the Statue of Liberty, and that doesn't seem to be offered this year.  I know exactly what I want because a friend has them--from last year.  They are black suede, sassy as all get out, and..... no longer available.  Believe me....I know 'cause I've tried everything to come up with a pair.  Back to feet.

As a nurse, I wore comfy clogs or Merrell slip ons with a support liner everyday and was in foot heaven.  None of that stylin' nonsense for me--especially in the Newborn Nursery where you are highly likely to get some form of ick on any nice shoes you might be dumb enough to wear.  Nope.  It was comfort all the way, and for good reason.  You had to depend on those feet of yours and hurting just wasn't part of the deal.  And socks.  Oh, man.....those soft little friends that kept your feet cool in summer, with a spritz of baby powder down them, before you put them on.  And in winter, nothing beats a pair of rockin' knee socks under your scrubs.  Now, I did see a pair of boots last night at Neiman's, with the black knee socks built right in (on the outside) but as hard as I tried, I just could not picture me, in them.  And considering the look on the salesman's face, I'm thinking he couldn't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment