Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oh, Contain me....

Yesterday I ran to the Container Store for one of those drawer organizers for make up.  I'd had one for a hundred years but it met with a sad fate yesterday so I had to replace it.  I put it in my chair as I unloaded it, thinking I would just clean it out.  I went to get my shoes and came back and ...well...I sat on it.  I totally forgot I'd left it in the chair and plopped right down on it.  It was not a total "death by cracking" but I just decided to hell with it and went to get a new one.  Which brings me to:

BACK TO SCHOOL AT THE CONTAINER STORE!!!!

I have never seen so many tired, miserable and about to be broke dad's, in my life.  There were entire families trying to outfit kids for SMU or where ever, buying car loads of stuff.  Dad's were pulling out wads of money peeling off bills as fast as their kids could load a shopping cart.  One dad looked like he was about to cry--- and he had three kids.  Hoooooooly cow.  Once they paid for all their gear, then came the fun part--watching them try to stuff it all into their cars-- in the Container Store loading zone right out front.  In front of everybody.  Hey...no pressure.  We're just waiting on you to hurry up so WE can load OUR stuff.  And did I mention it was hot???  Sweaty, dripping wet, HOT.  The kind of hot that only a shower, some ice tea, and total nudity can fix.  And the AC cranked down to 60.  And a turbo fan.  Oh high.

  So, as I sashayed up to the counter with my two little pieces, I said a silent prayer of thanksgiving that I am no longer moving kids into dorms, apartments, or houses, on my nickel and in the heat.  Made my two little plastic organizers look mighty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment