Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

NOOOOOO!!!

Oh, man....my day can only get better from here.  I just ran to Half Price Books to search out a book Adre* recommended.  *See Followers.  Anyway, after chatting with the older African American man at customer service, who's a dead ringer for Morgan Freeman, with dreads, I headed to general fiction to see if they had the book.  OK....picture it....I'm cruising the books, reading dust jackets, and I hear this voice coming towards me and it's unusually quiet where I am.  I glance up and a couple is walking towards me.  A Goth couple--and she is a dwarf--the really scary kind with the big head and thick arms and legs.  And she's wearing a black dog collar.  And chains that are rattling.  And black, black eye make up--dressed totally in black, except for her jeans.  She scared me sooooo bad I almost yelled out.  Finally, they got past me while I buried myself in the book I was holding.  OMG....my horoscope for today mentioned nuthin' about dwarfs-- much less a Goth one.
After that, I was just a total wreck.  I could read, but no comprehension.  I kept thinking she was gonna pop back around the corner, and scare the daylights right out of me.  And rather than be scared, I just decided I did not have to have a book today. You should have seen me speed walk to the front door.  I must have looked like a shop lifter.

So, for the rest of the day, I'm gonna be on DWARF ALERT.  Level Red.  As some of you know, I have a freakish fear of dwarfs and with the Circus in town from now through the 8th, I may have to go on lock down.  And I sure as he** am not going to the circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment