Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Stuff

As I sit here typing this I am laughing out loud.  Fred and I are trying to plan a get-away and it is being foiled at every turn.  A few years ago, that would have made me totally crazy......what do you mean American doesn't fly into Telluride or Gunnison in late September?  That's when I wanna go. 
So sorry.  They don't give a rats rear.  They fly when they want to fly.  So, it looks like we'll be going wherever in Colorado American will let us use our Advantage miles, has seats, and decides we are worthy of going.  Gone are the days when you got to choose where you wanted to go--especially if you are doing the last minute dance, as we are.  Nope...you're gonna go where the hell they tell ya and when it's convenient for them.  Never mind about you, the customer.  Service industry?  Horse puckey.  I say break out the pillows right now.  Oooops.  Wrong airline.

I don't know if I've shared a couple of Wigman's latest tricks.  I think I told you he hates the taste of his newer pain medicine so even wrapped in cheese, he chews only until he hits the bitter tasting part and then spits it out.  I've tried re-wrapping it a few times in more cheese, but once it's bitter, it must be pretty awful since now he won't even try the re-wrap.  Wanna guess who will eat it, spit backs and all?  Yep.  Old Fat girl.  Her tongue is just like a wet mop-- no sticky mess left behind.  And now, when I open the back door for Wigman to head outside on the driveway side--his destination of choice--he starts to pant before he gets outside.  I have named it the "Preemptive Pant".  And now he's "singing" in the kitchen....today's song is "Yip Yew, Yip Yew"...and the lyrics are very simple.  And repetive.  Throw in an ocassional howl / whine and you've got it.  I just went to check and it's a good thing I did--today's song was for real.  His back legs had gone out from under him, frog style, the wood floor was slippery and he couldn't get back up.  Yikes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment