Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, August 16, 2010

Moving....not me

While my soon to be delivered casserole warms in the oven and my sourdough bread with melted butter, a few dashes of dill weed and some Parmesan cheese sprinkled all over gets a a good crusty crust on it's outside, I figured I had time to blog for a second.  My most favorite family in the world is moving again today for the 4th time in 13 months, while they finish building a new house.  I'm thinking after this, if anyone ever mentions building a house to them again, they may take off running.  And keep on going.  I know I would.

OK.  I am just back from delivering din-din and I must say I'd rather be dipped in pig snot than move again, myself, anytime soon.  We wouldn't be a big move, but then when you think about it, any move is a big move.  We did the equivalent several years ago when we repainted the entire inside of our house and gave the kitchen a much needed face lift.  We had to pack up everything in the house so they could paint and then go live at mom's for a week.  Fred and I did fine for a good while and then finally the fun just wore off.  The painters and carpenters were still here, and we were practically homicidal.  One day after they had all left for the day, I actually went the total girl route and cried.  I did.  Me.  And I'm not a crier.  But if you load me up with enough unrelenting frustration, you better step back because my water works are gonna go on.  That, or I'm going to start throwing things.  And after I cry, I then collapse into hysterical laughter...Oh, yeah...I go the total spectrum.  A to Izzard.  But once I'm done, I'm done, and a little food and a shower and I can cope once again.  And sleep.  Moving.....wow.... that's some tough duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment