Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, August 27, 2010

Show me the $$$

While I sat waiting for the cable guy to call me to meet me at Brian's apartment to get his cable set up, I  gave myself the one person job of  Research & Dev. for the Farm's need list.  Now, that said, I am only researching the stuff I want us to get--I'm not doing all that other stuff I don't give a flip about, like new wood for the dock.  Yes, it might be important, but since I don't stand on it, even to fish, I don't care.  Ditto gravel for the road or getting the two ends of the barn painted.  No thank ya.  I just want to shoooooop for the fuuuuuun stuffffff.  

Yesterday I test sat new chairs--we need two-- and lemme just tell ya I found some....Ho, yeah...and comfy as all get out.  And I got prices.  Since this is a farmhouse, it's very important that at least two chairs be snooze worthy, so we are talking recliners here.  Ick--I know--the King Kong of bad taste.  But they are comfy and since Architectural Digest is not likely to call us for a photo shoot, we're good.    Two nephews and their Daddy are all 6'3" or taller, so this can't be some old sissy chair, either.   It must swivel for TV viewing and, preferably, have room for at least one snoozing smallish hound.   It must wear like iron since lots of folks are going to want to sit in them.  See?  This is PhD. level shopping.
Then I moved on to sofas and I found those, too.  Nothing grand--just fresh and possibly slipped for easy cleaning.  Then I did a little bit of research on new TV's and I found those , too.   Let's just say I have a black belt in power shopping--especially when it's somebody else's money.  Yee Haw!  Now, I'm really itching to spend.

You know....it's hard to get a bunch of people (family or otherwise) on the same page when it comes to spending money.  Fred's made a list, since he is the current Farm Manager, and since most people have signed off on it, you'd think it would be a slam dunk from there.  Oh, not so fast, Super Shopper.   Other people have ideas on where and how to actually come by some of these "new" items.  And did I mention features, styles, and colors of items?  Before, all of the choosing was done mainly by one person (with input from another person) and it was a done deal.  Makes sense-- especially when you figure those two people were paying for what ever was purchased.  I'm all for committees and I think everyone needs to be heard, opinions noted, and taken into consideration.  Lots of great ideas have come out that I didn't think others would spring for or I never considered.  Duly noted.  Now....just hand me the checkbook and let me get started. 

P.S.  Would somebody at Fred's office go check on him?  He may have just had a stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment