Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hello in there...??

Spousal communication.  Got any?  I swear it's about THE HARDEST thing on the planet Earth.  Just the other night on the way to dinner, I was trying to tell Fred about a hilarious part in a book I'm reading.  It had to do with this really funny lady clipping (electric clippers) her oh, sooooo furry pony out in her barn, with The Stones blaring, and her sunglasses on.  The part in the book was a scream.  Now....I realize the written word is sometimes more clear but when I got to The Stones part, Fred just looks at me blankly and says "I don't get it...what do stones have to do with the pony...is that something you put on a pony"???  I nearly had a stroke.  Whaaaaaat??  Never mind that he only half listens to me anyway (if at all), but if he thinks I'm gonna tutor him, conversationally, he's nuts.  Finally, I just had to shut her down.....no fun.  Not gonna do it. 

I've decided it's on his DNA--not necessarily a Y chromosome factor-- but the jury is still out on that.  I've seen others in his family not be able to follow a conversational trail so it may be both--and I'm not saying who, here, to cover my backside.  But, seriously, does that make you crazy....when you see that someone is just 1) not following the conversation  2) spaced out on some planet not in this solar system  3) not listening to YOU because don't they understand how important every little thing you utter, is, to the World, to mankind, and to them??  After all, that pony clipping story was the best thing I had in my dinner repertoire...it was going to delight and cause loads of laughter.  Well...I guess not.

No comments:

Post a Comment