Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cybersmell?

Ahhh, the coziness of an over cast Thursday morning, with my coffee to my right, Wiggins snoring below all burrito-ed in a fleece blanket, and most of all, Fred across from me on his computer.  We both look like two homeless people since we are not exactly foofed for the day, but whatever.  Vogue isn't scheduled to be here today for a photo shoot so we are good.  Fred's taking today and tomorrow off, so having him here is extra fun for me.  I get to pester him all day long.  Sis is in his chair with him right now so I guess I'll have to share him with her.  Rats.  I just don't like to share.

I think the current El Nino effect has El Nino-ed our two enormous oak trees out front.  In over thirty years, I've never seen our trees still have leaves left by this time of year, but this year they do.  A tad more of this wind and they'll be totally off, but this is a new one for me.  The yard guys across the street just drove up so this should really be fun watching them try to blow up leaves, as our trees just keep adding more.  Add that to list of jobs I do not want.  Ever.  Mowing?   Fine.  Leaf blowing?  Never.  Too unpredictable.

Last night, I just had a hankering to make the old biscotti recipe that I love, so I did.  I may need a 12 Step program soon for cooking but I just love to do it, so I'm just going to.  Period.  I emailed my sister that I'd made a different biscotti recipe--my fav-- and to come try it today if she was in da 'hood.  Two seconds after I hit send, the phone rang.  She said she'd definitely be by.  See....it's just that kind of response that  makes me want to go turn on the oven.  I think it's called positive reinforcement and you can just call me Pavlov's dog.

I need to make roll dough today since I said I would, and, I want to drop some rolls by for Fred's brother, Cowboy John, whose birthday is tomorrow.  With a New year's Eve birthday, we fellow December birthday people have to stick together, and since he's not a dessert guy, rolls are his downfall.  I love to see men eat homemade rolls......who knew a humble roll could be soooo powerful and elicit such joy...and did I mention the smell.....oh, Lordy......Too bad there's not cybersmell.


No comments:

Post a Comment