Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, December 20, 2010

I've been naughty

I had to make an unscheduled run to the mall this morning and was gnashing my teeth the entire way preparing for the great hordes, no parking spots, loud music, and screaming children.  What I got was quite the opposite and I think that had largely to do with the fact that I went right around 10 AM, and because I said my prayers as I drove.  I even ask God for parking places and tell Him only if it's His will, and I usually get a great one.  I was in and out in a nano second and all the happier for it.
  It was at the mall, however, that I did spy my seventh Christmas vest or sweater of the season and it was so awful, I laughed out loud.   Now while you are thinking I'm the meanest blogger you know...oh, go ahead.... this ensemble was on an adult mother- daughter duo, that should know better.  The daughter had on a necklace made of the old timey big fat lights and matching earrings, while the mother had on the God awwwwwful sweater and matching pants.  Judging from their big hair and short bangs, I think they were either cloggers or members of the Rodeo circuit.  Now....I did not say clowns, but you can say it for me.  Those are the kind of people I want to take a picture of but can't figure out how to ask them.  What do you say??  Do you complement them on that beautiful blue eye shadow and rockin' red lipstick or ask for the name of their stylist??  I just smothered my laughter and kept walking.  Barely.  I'm guessing they were in the big city wrapping up their final shopping, and are probably heading back right now to Armpit Town, Oklahoma, with all their stash.  There must be a Schepler's somewhere at that mall. 

I know what you're thinking and you're right....I better be nice or I'm in for some real trouble come Saturday.  "Luccccyyyyyyy, you have some splainin' to dooooo".


No comments:

Post a Comment