Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, December 23, 2010

He's a Jif man

I fear I've gone 'round the bend.  Instead of giving Wig his meds wrapped in cheese, as is our long standing custom, I have now gone the way of peanut butter.  I got so sick and tired of him spitting out his meds --especially the narcotic one.  Because the cheese just wasn't strong enough to cover up the bitter taste,  I had to pull out the big guns.  Enter peanut butter.  And now I am a slave to it--and him.  I just gave him his meds and he's still mewling, probably because he wants more.  Since he is also having "issues" due to the constipating side effects of a narcotic pain pill, I've even hidden a stool softener in the peanut butter, and though he seems to chew a little more, it's still going down loads better than the cheese did. Does this sound half as insane as it feels?  I cannot believe I am doing this for an ancient dog. 

And, I think the old man has gas....dare I say it?  If I give him some Pepto, it'll constipate him more, and I just can't face the thought of giving him a dog enema......I just can't go there.  But, I know I will if I have to, and if I finally relent and do it, I'll have to do it soon, before Fred gets home.  Fred cannot even be near me or I'll laugh too hard.  This is just sick.  I probably should to seek professional help.


The good news is both puppies are ready for Santa.  They been bathed, and had all their required ministrations--ears cleaned, and other things done you don't want me to discuss here.  Their beds--all three of them--have been washed, fluffed dry, and remade for any napping that might spontaneously occur.  After his bath, Wig couldn't figure out where the donut bed was that's usually under this desk, and decided he really didn't care, after I made him a temporary bed out of his white warm duvet, straight from the dryer.  It was all toasty and warm and when I burrito-ed him in it, he was out like a light, for hours.   A nice bath mellows him out but oh, noooooo, not Sis.  It rev's up her engines and makes her all feisty.  Now, all beds are back to their original locations, so all is right in dog world, and both pups are side by side, like bacon slices, snoozing in the bed below me.  And someone is dreaming....I keep hearing a muffled "miff....miff...".  Ahhh, it must good to be a dog.  My dog, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment