Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Kitty Poo Poo

It's a pattern and it's already started-- again.  Two kitties are doing the "hobo" thing around our house and hanging around by the driveway door.  This is NOT good.  We already succumbed to our very first cat by the exact same game.  And it worked on me and my mom, back when I was a teenager, with a honey butter colored girl cat that hoboed her way into our family for 23 years.  Dad did the usual lecture at dinner about "not feeding that damn cat" and were assured him we weren't, though mom and I would pass each other going in and out of the back door with food and water every day.  We never said a word to each other about it until Kitty Poo Poo was a done deal and inside the house.  And, no, I did not name her that.  Mom did, but it somehow fit--- even as horrible as it sounded when mom would stand outside on the front porch shrieking "Kitty Poo Poo", at the top of her lungs.  Dad ended up loving that cat as much as we did, and she outlived him.  She was a piece of work, for sure, and the whole reason I like cats to this day.

For a knock your socks off gift, Friday I received a business gift from our attorneys that was beyond great.  It was a huge pecan pie that arrived in it's own custom branded wooden box, from Goode Company in Houston.  Since Fred had snarfed the remaining fudge pie, I decided I needed to open up this shrink wrapped pie and see if it was indeed worth the calories.  It said to warm the whole thing at 250 degrees for a few minutes, but I didn't, and it still rocked my clock, Mary.  It was that good.  The Goode Company also sells BBQ and other foodie items on their website, so if you are in a pinch for something new to send that difficult to please someone, give this pie some thought.  It's b-i-g and I think weighs three pounds.  That should feed a herd.

 I got a call late yesterday afternoon that mom's new sofa was ready and would be delivered between 1-5 PM on Tuesday and I cannot wait.  I had checked last week to see what I needed to do about getting her old one removed and was told by my contact at the Plaza that I could donate it to their Employee Garage sale, if I wanted, and they would store it there at the Plaza, until they have the next one.  How great is that???  They'll have the Plaza maintenance guys remove the old one sometime on Tuesday morning or even while mom is at lunch, and then her new one can be plopped right into the old one's spot.  I swear....that Plaza staff is worth it's weight in gold, and I could not be more grateful to them.

Lastly, next Sunday is the Christmas Candlelight Dinner, at 5 PM, for all of the Assisted Living residents at the Plaza, over at the big dining room at the Independent Living part of Edgemere.  It's bigger, and will more easily hold residents and their guests.  My sister and I are going and taking mom, and have not a clue what we are walking into but I know it will be lovely.  Then we can both go home and have a good cry, if we need to, and we may.  Or better still, maybe a great laugh and a heart full of gratitude.  Or, maybe both.

No comments:

Post a Comment