Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Owwwwww!

This morning, the cutest small gal in the world had her tonsils and adenoids removed and is resting comfortably at home this afternoon, and I should know, because I just left after seeing her with.... my.... own.... eyes.  As a nurse, I'm just like that.....I want to see them for myself so I can get a handle on what I think.  None of this phoning it in stuff--nope.  I gotta see 'um.  Other than looking a little pale with some dark smudges under her eyes, she rooked mahvelous.  And when she wakes up, other than feeling droopy with one hell of a sore throat, she's going to do well since she's a tough little bird.  I took her some orange, lime, something else swirl sherbet for later, and her mom said she'd been really excited about eating ice cream and drinking Sprite. 

Her surgeon said her tonsils were so big they were touching, so it's great those are gone.  Ditto her adenoids.  Giver her a couple of weeks and she's going to be a brand new gal who can actually swallow, for Christmas.  I may just have to take her to Chif-a-laaaaaay when she feels better.




No comments:

Post a Comment