Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

UPS vs Fed Ex ....no contest

It's clear, all is not well in Wiggles World.  Sis just tried to get in bed with him and he got mad and sort of growled.  He never does that.....OK maybe occasionally, but not like it just sounded.  He was all warm and snoozy and I think she butted in, no pun intended, at precisely the wrong moment.  Well, yeah, that would be Sis, now wouldn't it?  But, truthfully, I am worried about the old man dog....he's groaning way more than seems normal, but then what do I know about geriatric dogs?  Last night he whined non-stop until after Maria left, and, no, it wasn't because of her.  Last time I took him to the Vet it was "to keep him comfortable" and I didn't want any "let's find out if he has cancer" tests run.  Now....maybe I do....I don't really want to know, but I also don't want him suffering needlessly because I am a wuss.  And a big wuss at that.  Denial is a great thing 'til it stops working for you and being a grown up just really sucks sometimes.  The good news?  He's snoring away and Sis is beside him, so we are good for this moment.

If you didn't read Steve Blow's article in the DMN this morning it's worth a read, and made me roll my eyes, laughing.  I won't spoil it here so just read it and see what you think. 

I've taken an unofficial, very unscientific poll with just me voting, and the results indicate that the UPS delivery people are head and shoulder ahead of the FedEx ones, in the personality and general sense of humor department.  The UPS ones are so sweet and nice, and when you yell "Thank you" at the top of your lungs, they actually yell back "Your welcome...Merry Christmas!"  OK....now that's cool.  Fed Ex is just not connected at all.  They stop, they deliver, ring the door bell, and are gone.  Even when you yell thank you, they don't engage.  Fine....be that way.  I'll ship with UPS 'cause they are fun.

One year I chased every UPS truck I could find to see if they had a package I desperately needed for Benji's Christmas.  I had called UPS and they said it was on a truck-- out for delivery.  For some reason, I had to have it by  a certain time--can't remember why, and I literally chased one UPS lady inside EZ's, the burger joint that's now gone, waited nicely while she ate her lunch, and then we checked her truck.   She thought it was hilarious that I was such an insane mother, driven to such lengths.  I don't know if she even had the package, but we sure had fun looking.  Yeah....UPS is just better.

No comments:

Post a Comment