Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gettin' my cook on

Oh, man what a great day!!  I've made the sugar cookie dough for the cookie decorating party on Friday with my sister and her grands, and the dough is doing the required 'big chill" before I cut some out and bake them.  Phase two of "Cooking for Benji" is now complete. I have three pans of chicken enchiladas with verde sauce and my kitchen looks like a bomb went off in there.  Don't care.  Never do.

I have texted Brian to come have enchiladas if he's so inclined & now  I'm taking a break with a big old glass of Lipton's diet Green Tea.  Then I'm heading back for the crowning glory: the Chocolate Chip-Cinnamon biscotti that I'm about to have a large cow to make.  I finally got the recipe for it on Monday and unless I totally hit the skids, it's on.  I'm doing it...'cause I can.  And nothing makes me happier than clanging my pots and pans in the kitchen, especially this time of year. 

This weekend I may make homemade roll dough.  If you were a reader last year, you know I had some "issues" with last years batch.  The rolls tasted fine--it was just that I decided to use a smaller bowl to allow them to rise for the first rise in the refrigerator, because I just wanted to.   The next thing I knew, the dough went all Aliens on me, pushed up the foil covering, and crept over the side of the bowl.  DANG.  We're lucky it didn't crawl down the hall and strangle us to death.  This year, I'm going back to my trusty old yellow bowl or I might have nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment