Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, December 19, 2010

My journal

I just had an interesting revelation.  On cleaning off my desk, I found my journal shoved under a stack of other things, and I started leafing through it.  I hit on almost this exact time last year, and except for a few "other circumstances", felt almost the exact same way I do now, which leads me to the question: are our feelings cyclical and driven somewhat by the seasons or are they driven by past experiences of the same seasons?  All of the above?  None of the above?  I can't prove it but my money is on a little from column A, a little from column B--in other words, both.  And now I'm wondering if that's just how it is for me, or are most people like that as well?  Another thing to add to my ever growing list of things I just do not know.  If you have an opinion or are willing to weigh in here and spout off how it is for you, feel free to comment, since I am basically a committee of one.

What also astonished me after reading some of my journal entries was how many of the things I was worried about this time last year, have now been resolved.  Wow.  And none of these were small things--at least not to me--which tells me God has been very busy taking care of me, even when I didn't think it felt like He was.  He was.  He really was.  Sometimes I don't realize what all has happened until I s-l-o-w down long enough to look back, and see the progress that's been made.  And if I look really carefully, I don't see my hand prints all over everything, but I sure see His.  Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment