Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, December 3, 2010

She went visiting....yea!

Oh, man...I am feeling the holiday pressure.  I have already received three gifts from wonderful friends and I'm barely in the starting gates.  Eeeegads....how do they do it?  I am just not that organized these days.  I know in my head what I'm doing, and have done lots of online shopping but as for doing the real deal ah, no.  I think what also threw me big time is that Hanukkah is really early this year and going on right now, and I used to gauge myself by that, on the calendar....not sure why but I'd just see it on my calendar and use it as as a deadline.  Since one of my close pals is Jewish, I've got to get the lead out today and get her gift!

I tried a friend's crust less brownie pie recipe on Wednesday, and let's just say my life has changed for the better.  Holler if you want the recipe because this one is easy, quick, and will make chocolate lovers weep.  It's over the top--- but when has that ever stopped any of us. 

Our front yard is covered in the first layer of leaf carpet, with many more layers to follow.  Our front trees are usually totally bare by Christmas, but it's the continual volume of leaves up until then, that present a "decorating" issue.  We've put lights out before, early, only to have them look like there's a blanket over them, due to the leaves.  It's the same look  you get with a flashlight turned on inside a tent..... cozy, just not real Christmassy.  I drove by a house yesterday and almost had a wreck.  Hired guys were hanging no less than fifteen three foot plastic light up Santa's, suspended from a tree, and it looked like a Santa group lynching.  It was disturbing. I'll try to go by today and see if I can get a picture of it to post here.  This is one of those you just have to see to really get the total weirdness effect.

And in closing, I just have to relate yesterday's funny of the day.  Since I can't meet mom for lunch today, I went by yesterday afternoon to see her, but I couldn't find her.  Since this has never happened before, I checked around in all the places I thought she might be and even asked at the front desk where the short, little recluse in #107 might be.  After checking, they said she'd been seen heading down the hall in the opposite direction, on her walker, a few minutes prior.  OMG.....she was visiting someone!!!!  When I called her around dinner time, I told her I'd come by, but she hadn't been home, and said "You must have been out visiting someone".  She said she was, and I dropped it like a hot potato, so as not to make too big of a deal out of it.  When I called my sister to tell her mom had finally left the launch pad, she immediately wanted to know who she'd been visiting and I told her I wasn't about to ask.  We both had a great laugh like the mother's of a kindergartner. 




No comments:

Post a Comment