Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oh, well....

Wow.  We're now suffering the first causality of this holiday season.  Fred took a direct hit to the gastrointestinal track a few hours ago and is in the bed, limp as old underwear.  Man...I've never heard noises like he was making, and despite the fact he thinks I "poisoned him", I reminded him that I ate what he ate last night, or at least for dinner anyway and if I really wanted to poison him," honey, you'd be dead".  I'm not responsible for his post din-din cruising of the pantry, and other extracurricular snarfing, so he may have done a number on himself.  My money is on a bug, and a nasty one at that.  Nurse Sis is patrolling the door to our room hoping to shoot through it next time I go check on him.  She always thinks she can make him better, if she can just get under the covers with him for a nap.  She's twisted like that. 

I emailed my brother a few minutes ago to see if they are under water in LA.  See....I told you moving there wasn't a great idea....he's just one more big deluge away from being washed out to sea, and becoming shark bait.  I knew it.  I even said it here earlier and I'm sure glad it's not me.  A wet Christmas sounds awwwwful even if you are going to Seattle, which is just going from wet (LA), to wetter.  And they are. I just heard back from him and he says LA is like "Hell, with palm trees".  We'll...I guess they aren't floating.  Yet.

Sis is here in the chair with me and keeps nudging my arm to 1) love and scratch on her  2) let her go check on Fred so he can love and scratch on her.  Wig is moaning after just coming in from the back yard and the translation for that is, he wants me to get up and go let him out on the driveway side, because the backyard was underwhelming and more importantly, unproductive.  Egads.....this could be a long day. :)



2 comments: