Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, December 17, 2010

Twister and a swimming dog

The cookie party is in the bag and included are some pic's : there was even a one man game of Twister by Hudson.  Had was over the top funny and was ably assisted by Go-Go, since spreading icing is a tad bit advanced for a not quite three year old.  Aunt SuSu, anticipating we might need some serious girly colors, made a Barbie pink frosting so Had was totally in her element and I'm fairly sure at least one cookie was a pink and purple extravaganza, with all kinds of added decorations--think glittery and girly.  Hud's Star Wars guys were plenty cool and Yoda always seemed to come out best and easiest.  We love ya, Yoda.
                                                                                                                                          
What I forgot to photograph was Uncle Lizzard's (Hairy's) dog, Hattie, jumping in and out of my sister's pool, and digging up something, in her freshly planted flower beds.  Hattie is a chocolate brown lab so she was just being true to her breed and loving every minute of the pool time, while the kids shrieked and wanted to jump in with her.  I could have watched her play all afternoon, she was that funny.

On my way home, I stopped by to see mom, and she was as goofy as a run over dog, and I say that lovingly.  Since she had not heard from my brother since he left a week ago, I suggested we call him, and that's when I realized she wasn't exactly sure how to do that...whoa.  I asked her if she'd like me to call him and she said yes, so I did, and then handed her the phone.  They chatted--mostly she listened-- and it's clear we are losing ground with her FAST.  I know I've said that before but it's especially obvious when you haven't seen her for a few days, and then there it is, right in your face.  Yeeesh.
And then to round out the afternoon, it seems she is giving checks to all the grandchildren like she does every year, and her bookkeeper brought them by earlier for her to sign.  Wanna guess what she wrote in the signature line, on each check??  Love, Babe.  That's what they call her.  So, in the future, my sister will be signing all checks--of any kind--with a signature. When you think about it, it's really kind of funny.  Laugh or go crazy...it's a choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment