Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A little of this & a little of that

I just saw on FB where Benji's band's lead singer, Aubrey, woke up with total laryngitis, right when they are trying to break in a new fiddle player, and the guy needs to learn all five of their already recorded songs, backwards and forwards, so he can play them upside down, if necessary.  Hmmmmm...sounds like Benji will be singing Aub's (Aubrey's) part all day, and the good news is, he can.  Benji says this is when he really misses their old fiddle player, minus all the accompanying drama he dragged along with him.  Ahhh, nothing like a curve ball, no?

I was sad to hear Elizabeth Edwards is now saying her goodbyes to friends and family.  There's never a good time to say goodbye, but it just seems especially sad when the holidays are upon us.  Even when I was totally hoodwinked by the Edward's ---especially him---I am just sad, sad, sad, for them as a family, (even though they are technically separated.)  Word on the street is, Elizabeth has requested that their oldest daughter essentially raise the two younger kids, with John around to financially support them.  Holy cow.....what a crap load of responsibility for a 20-something.  I understand where Elizabeth is coming from, and a lot of it sounds like anger and revenge at John, understandably.  I get why she wouldn't want John raising their two youngest--he's a lying, cheating, dog --but I'm still thinking most about their oldest daughter.
  I feel part of responsible parenting is letting my kids--all of my kids-- be kids, and have their own lives.  And when they are adults, like mine are now, they don't need to have any responsibility for problems they did not create--especially ones that are marital .  It's not their stuff, and it's not their job.  Can they help out a little?  Sure, and that's my hope for the Edward's oldest daughter.  I hope she is strong enough to tell her mom that John needs to raise their kids, and that she will be around for support--not the other way around.  We'll see.  Goodbye, Elizabeth.



No comments:

Post a Comment