Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, December 27, 2010

Hola, tamales!

Oh, happy day!!  Senora Maria arrived around lunch time bearing a bag filled with her homemade tamales and her homemade hot sauce.  Oh, hallelujah and pass the chips!  The tamales are actually a gift for the boys--I gave her lots of venison chorizo so she could make them some, as a Christmas present from us.  Harris guys can be hard to buy for, so sometimes I try to get creative.  I've bagged each of them about two dozen so they can either have with friends, or divide them up and throw them in their freezer for din-din some night when it's nippy outside.  I'm divvying up the salsa also, and that really pains me....some things I just don't want to share,  I don't care if I gave birth to you or not!  I've done it anyway so case closed. I emailed Brian to come get his tamale loot and he responded he'll "be picking his up sometime today. Love, Shrek". 

Sis seems none the worse for the two chocolate cookies and Wig is asleep in one of the beds in the den.  He's usually an under the desk napper but not today.  I'm getting ready to make a post office run and then come home and rip, and I do mean rip, down my minimalist Christmas dec's so I can be ready for 2011.  I am ready beyond all readiness, and I feel this same way every year.  I start getting really antsy at the end of each year just to have a clean slate to write on.  And every time I say that, the following year throws out some pitches I don't see coming--some good, some bad, and all just part of life. 

Benji is packing up to head for the Farm tonight and then straight from there tomorrow, on to Nash.  He's ready to get back, has work to do, and I'm sure is ready to have his life back to normal, too.  He's has to go  buy a cooler to stash all his stuff I made him, to take home.  Somebody for got to bring one.  No word yet on Hadley and whether she's rockin' a full leg cast.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment