Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Willie Lee Anderson

This morning I received a phone call from someone I hadn't spoken to in a while and I was thrilled to hear from him.  It was none other than our yardman and Mr. Do Everything, Willie Lee Anderson.  He's been a member of our family for over fifty years and I told him this morning I can't look at a Christmas tree, that I don't think of him.  He was the one mom made me decorate our tree with, every year, until I finally just threw a total rod and said "NO".
He wanted to know all about us, our kids, mom, and when I told him my sister had three grands--the only ones--he couldn't believe it. I told him I wanted some bad, but since none of mine are married, mine were still just "practicing".  I love to say stuff like that to him because he always acts shocked, and then laughs, and I know he isn't shocked at all.

I got his phone number and then sent out a blast email to our whole family telling them about his call, and passing on his number.  With mom doing the fast fade, I was glad to know how to reach him, should we need to, even though I know the office has it.  What a hoot to hear from him, and I'm glad to know he's doing well, since he's almost as old as mom.  He allowed as to how he'd been in the hospital recently with "man trouble....couldn't pass his water", and said it was his gallbladder.  Now, I'm no nephrologist or urologist, but that sounds more like kidney and bladder issues, so that probably means it was a combo of things, and I just got the condensed version.  Man trouble....I am still howling over that one.  I swear....people will tell nurses anything.

I have just finished phase one of cooking some favorite foods I volunteered to make Benji to take back after Christmas, to fatten up his freezer.  He's never openly admitted it, but I can tell he gets a tiny bit bent out of shape when he knows Brian's over here eating, even though he knows he could, too, if he lived here.  When he hits town, he wants all his favorite stuff, and to go to all his favorite restaurants.  Sounds pretty normal to me.  I would, too. 

Oh, Lordy...Sister is doing her "I have a squirrel in a tree" bark, so I better go get her.  Maybe I'll just take the pellet gun and shoot her.

No comments:

Post a Comment