Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, December 17, 2010

Wellllll, rats...

Dang.  Don't ask questions you don't want the answers to, and I just did.  I just asked Friday Maria if she was coming next Friday (24th), praying she would say yes, but alas, bad news for me--she wants to be off, and who wouldn't??  So, that said, I'll be my own housekeeper that day and possibly burn a few extra calories as I cook for Christmas Eve and clean.  She is such a gift to our family, I still can't figure out how we got so lucky to find her.  The bad news is Benji, the one man tornado will be home by then, so I may have to ratchet down my ideas about neat and clean, and "Let it go, Let it go, Let it go". 

My elderly neighbor called me Wednesday morning and wants me to go with her tomorrow to The Texas Pecan Company.  She said "if you aren't afraid to drive with me, I'll take us" and I said "Sure".  There aren't a lot of people I would forgo my coffee, computer, and newspaper time for, but she's just one of them, and I can always read the paper later.  Coffee?  Helloooooo, styrofoam cup and off we'll go.  If she wants to go, I'm all over it.

Since I forgot to report in on the biscotti, here's the scoopage. It was quite simply out of this world, and dipped on one side in top quality vanilla white chocolate, blew it right out of this solar system.  The recipe had said to use vanilla candy coating, but that just sounded waxy to me.  So, I headed to Central Market to converse with some real foodies for their expertise, and was not disappointed.  I was led over to the bulk section where all the really cool stuff is and got to taste two different types white chocolate, before deciding which one I wanted.  Ohhhhh, the torture of that.  Perhaps I need to go back...


One last Sister funny: she's been sneezing a lot since last Wednesday and I wasn't sure why.  And her eyes were watering on Wednesday, too.  Weird.  Then, I remembered I had left some towels with bleach on them by the washer, waiting to load them for the next load.  I'm no forensic expert but I'm betting old Snoopster got in there and got a big whiff of bleach, and sent her nasal and eye mucous membranes into orbit.  It just doesn't pay to be snoopy, Sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment