Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, December 31, 2010

My latest invention

There's just nothing like cutting roll dough first thing in the morning, in your pj's, on the last day of the year.  Now, that's the way to ring out 2010 and bring in 2011.  I've included a shot here and note my trusty favorite dough board that Fred turned a burner on next too years ago.  You may not be able to see the scorch but I can and it makes me laugh every time I see it.  Look towards the bottom right side.  Who but Fred would turn a burner on with a wood board next to it...

Four pans of rolls are resting in the refrigerator awaiting delivery to their rightful owners.  Fred's already made a run by Cowboy John's but he's not home and his big dogs are not trustworthy.  Like Sister, they will eat anything.  If you haven't seen the Internet funny about a dog eating uncooked roll dough, and the ensuing flatulence and Portland cement poop, it's enough to make you do the Harris "donkey bray" laugh and then get the wheezies.  Adre', a wonderful and hilarious follower, sent it to me and I liketa died. Even I brayed.

Just for fun, I've also included my latest invention: the phone light dimmer or the "phone condom", if you will.  The light on ours has no dimmer--read old--so I decided a plastic cup would work.  And it did, until the phone rang.  Geeze, louise...it sounded like the ring at the Fire Station.  So, back to the drawing board I went and I think my white sock works just fine.  You can flip the foot part forward or backwards, depending on your desired degree of darkness and when the phone rings, it doesn't scare the liver out of you.  A wise older owl told me for every problem there are at least five solutions, so don't quit until you find the one that works for you.

Lastly, Sis and Po send their warmest wishes for a safe and happy New Year.  Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment