Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, July 23, 2011

2nd Anniversary

While today is the second anniversary of the scariest day of my life, bar none, I am steadfastly refusing to dwell on it.  Onward and upward.  It all turned out OK and for that I am w-a-y beyond grateful.  For those who don't know, two years ago today, Brian was in a horrendous motorcycle crash on Central Expy that easily could have killed him, but didn't.  Thank you, God!  Out of that came the most unbelievable gifts of people, Parkland, and love, I think we as a family have ever experienced.  I have a big old grin on my face as I type this, thinking back to all the hilarious people we got to know, and the angels that floated in and out of our lives. What looks like a disaster, is often really an opportunity in disguise.  So true.  No more motorcycles.  Now he has a Jeep.  The red one we're babysitting that currently doesn't run. I hope it NEVER does.  :)

Now, we need to discuss this drought because my trees, grass and bushes are all looking really thirsty no matter how much water they get.  And they're not getting a lot, given our last water bill.  We've got dropped leaves all over the front yard due to stressed trees, and these are trees that are ginormous and over 60 years old.  It's not even August and it looks like the Sahara out there.  I have a friend who is 100% Native American so maybe I need to get with him and see if he can give us some help here.  Maybe he can get his people dancing or something, because this just isn't funny at all.  We're all likely to go up in a big puff of smoke.

Lastly, I'm thrilled to report the scale finally budged and I currently weigh less than I have in close to a hundred years and while I know the actual number isn't important, it sure as hell is, on some level in my brain.
It's the jiggle factor that hasn't changed...sure there's less to jiggle but I think someone needs to invent the Lifestyle lift for the body.  Or maybe even body Velcro so you could just make things nice and tight vs saggy and jiggly, as you lose.  Sort of a Velcro nip tuck.  Nobody wants to have a 360--a total body lift--but I think something less invasive might really work.  I'll get on that right after I finish my coffee.

3 comments:

  1. So very thankful for Benjy's life- really thankful given family history. And that number on the scale- so jealous, so very jealous. Bet I jiggle more than you do!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on both accounts!

    ReplyDelete