Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The QE2? Sign me up

One of my favorite food bloggers has been on board the QE II for the last several days taking the Southampton to New York shuffle and adoring every second of it.  He lives in Paris with his gay lover and he is one of the most hilarious bloggers ever.  So far on his blog, he's featured Tea on board his transatlantic crossing that looked truly sublime, and more recently, he was able to tour the kitchen on board the ship.  He also discussed sitting on the deck of the ship, in a blustery, chilly North Atlantic wind, preparing to snooze beneath the wool blankets provided on each deck chair.  Food and cool air?  I'm in.  If you want to read him or even follow him, just google David Lebovitz blog and you'll find it.  He actually responds to people's comments and questions, so scroll down to the very bottom of his posts and read his suggestions for leaving a comment.  I almost fell out of my chair laughing and was sold after that.  He's also written several cookbooks since he is a trained pastry chef, if you are a collector like me. 

Now, I know I give Fred a lot of grief on here sometimes, but I need to give him a real pat on the back for last night's sprinkler repair.  Two of our large bushes at the back of the back yard were drooping, due to a NDE (near death experience) from lack of water.  I realized yesterday after running the sprinks to see if theirs was clogged, that indeed that was the problem.  Enter Fred.  He unscrewed the sprayer top to find it had a little stick in it (sounds nuts, doesn't it?), and while it's not doing a perfect job spraying now, it's spraying, and that's all I care about.  This morning both plants are all perky, hydrated, and no doubt looking forward to another day of crushing heat.  Well done, Fred.  Well done.

Lastly, does this bug you or is it just me?  Does it make you nuts to hear newscasters use incorrect English (verb tenses), and to read it in the newspaper?  I know my tenses aren't always correct and I could use some English 101 again, but TV and the written word?  I thought they were Journalism majors and as such, had to be able to use the King's English correctly.  Guess not.  Oh, well.....guess that just makes them human, just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment